Let's Talk with Meris Bickford
Please join us as Meris Bickford, Chief Executive Officer of Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals (MSSPA), discusses animal welfare, presents information about their organization, and provides details about volunteer opportunities.
The Society is unlike any other animal welfare facility in New England. Originally formed in 1872 to protect the horses who pulled Portland’s streetcars and fire engines, the Society now provides shelter services, has access to veterinary medical care, and maintains dozens of equines on its farm facilities.
- The MSSPA is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) and receives no federal, state or local funding
- The organization is funded by a combination of donations, bequests, grants, and fundraising activities
- The Society does not charge for its services and seeks no reimbursement from any public source
For more information, please visit https://www.msspa.org/.
- Thursday, August 22, 2019
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Eleanor Conant Saunders Reading Room