Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance
Many older adults experience concerns about falling that lead to restriction of their activities, but falling does not need to be accepted as a natural part of aging. Falls can be prevented through education and planning. There are many things you can do to help decrease the risk of falls and maintain your independence, and falls prevention programs like A Matter of Balance can help.
*Registration is required. Please call 207-396-6578 to register.
A Matter of Balance is a nationally recognized program designed to reduce concerns about falling and encourage physical activity.
Participants learn to:
- View falls as something they can control
- Set goals and increase their activity levels
- Make changes around the home to reduce fall risks
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
- Become proactive self-managers in reducing risk for falls
A Matter of Balance can help you if:
- You have fallen in the past or are concerned about falling
- You don't do some things you enjoy because you are afraid you might fall
- You would like to be more flexible, stronger, and have better balance
For more information, please visit https://www.smaaa.org/wellness/mob.html.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Westbrook Room